What is Cushex Drops?
Cushex Drops contains a blend of natural ingredients specially selected to relieve symptoms of Cushing’s in pets. Each ingredient in this natural remedy plays a specific role in normalizing adrenal function, balancing corticosteroid levels or reducing the troublesome symptoms of this condition. Cushex Drops are easy to administer, and the serving can be adjusted to suit pets of all sizes.
Cushex Drops is also an excellent companion to herbal supplement Energy Tonic™, as it supports healthy energy levels and vitality in dogs and cats that appear tired and lethargic, a common side effect of Cushing’s. Used together, Cushex Drops and Energy Tonic can help manage symptoms of Cushing’s plus support health and put vigor back into your pet’s step naturally!
The formula remains true to the full spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bioavailability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. This manufacturing method also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and ensures that all active ingredients are in perfect balance.
All PetAlive products are manufactured in FDA-registered, GMP-certified facilities under the supervision of an expert team of herbalists, naturopaths, homeopaths and responsible pharmacists.
Cushing’s disease & adrenal gland health
The adrenal glands are two small, triangular-shaped endocrine glands located on top of the kidneys. They are orange in color and covered in a connective tissue capsule that is hidden in a layer of fat. These glands are made up of two parts – the adrenal cortex (outside) and the adrenal medulla (inside). The adrenal glands work together with the pituitary gland and hypothalamus in the brain for the overall health and functioning of your dog.
Cushing's disease, also known as hyperadrenocorticism, is characterized by the over-production of hormones from the adrenal glands, in particular when the pituitary gland releases too much adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). High levels of these hormones in your pet’s body can cause varied and serious symptoms. Over time, if not well-controlled, Cushing’s can increase your pet's risk of other conditions, including weakening of the heart and nervous system.
Therefore, the health of the adrenal glands is vital to systemic functioning, and adrenal balance and harmony plays a crucial role in wellness on every level.
The natural way
Herbal and homeopathic remedies can play an important role in supporting the health and balance of your dog's adrenal glands, and a holistic approach is the best way to contribute to your pet's general health. Due to the vital importance of adrenal balance, it is not surprising that natural remedies have the answers! After all, organ and systemic support are the cornerstones of a holistic approach! By supporting adrenal health, the natural approach aims to facilitate well-being across a number of body systems, thereby encouraging wellness and vitality every day!
Cushex Drops is a herbal remedy based on a holistic approach to health, helping to promote adrenal health and function, and reduce symptoms. It can make all the difference without the risk of serious side effects.
What are the Ingredients?
CushexDrops is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients: Dandelion, Burdock, Astragalus, Arsenicum album (30C), Hepar sulphuris calcareum (30C), Mercuris solubilis (30C), Sulphur (30C).
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is well-known as a supporter for the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands and will help to support normal adrenal functioning. Dandelion also contains vitamins and minerals important for hair health and growth and has been studied for its antioxidant activities (Hu, C. and Kitts, D. D. “Antioxidant, prooxidant, and cytotoxic activities of solvent-fractionated dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) flower extracts in vitro” J Agric.Food Chem. 1-1-2003;51(1):301-310.)
- Burdock (Arctium lappa) is a cleansing and eliminating herb and is excellent at cleansing the tissues and supporting waste removal from the body. (Shimizu, J., Yamada, N., Nakamura, K., Takita, T., and Innami, S. “Effects of different types of dietary fiber preparations isolated from bamboo shoots, edible burdock, apple and corn on fecal steroid profiles of rats.” J Nutr Sci Vitaminol.(Tokyo) 1996;42(6):527-539.) Burdock is also traditionally recommended for maintaining blood sugar levels already within the normal range and has been investigated for its ability to support health.
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceous) is an herb which has been used for many centuries as a revitalizing herb. Astragalus is known as an adaptogen and helps to support balance in the adrenal glands. It helps to maintain healthy adrenal cortical function and is important for supporting blood pressure and blood sugar levels already within the normal range. Recent research confirms the positive effect of Astragalus in supporting the immune system.
- Arsenicum album (30C) is a natural ingredient with a wide range of uses, including the maintenance of digestive health and balanced body fluid. Arsenicum supports the urinary tract and thirst levels within healthy ranges.
- Hepar sulphuris calcareum (30C) is also a natural ingredient and is often recommended when skin health and integrity are the goals.
- Mercuris solubilis (30C) is an excellent remedy that is often recommended to soothe common nervous tension and to maintain normal thirst functions.
- Sulphur (30C) will help to support a healthy skin condition and for digestive support.
PetAlive is the leading brand of natural pet remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. Our remedies are formulated by natural health experts and produced under the highest pharmaceutical standards in FDA-registered, GMP certified facilities. We utilize the finest quality ingredients in a Full Spectrum manufacturing process that doesn’t use any chemical solvents. We use the whole herb, not just a standardized extract, for a more potent, easily ingested remedy that is easy for the body to absorb.
PetAlive herbal products never contain any animal products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals.
How do I use Cushex Drops?
Mix drops into a small amount of food or a treat 2-3 times daily.
Cats and Dogs under 20 lbs: 2-3 drops
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 5 drops
Dogs over 50 lbs: 0.25 mL
Please consult your veterinarian if needed. Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established. Not recommended for dogs with Addison's disease.